Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

It's just a jump to the left...

I love my wife.

This past weekend, I watched her hurl insults and epithets at an oddly-dressed man on a stage whilst I sat in a caffeine-enhanced fog of sleep deprivation and giggled like a rabid hyena.

Now, before I start getting angry emails from the three or four of you that read this blog, let me explain. We were in the audience for Grand Valley's production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, which, if you're good little droogies you know that being lewd, crude, loud, and obnoxious is required for this particular cinematic/theatrical production. Indeed, this is one time where you can be the people that your parents warned you about.

The performance itself was great, especially the actor playing Frankenfurter - better than Tim Curry's performance in the movie. My favourite part: him admonishing an audience member for tossing toilet paper on the stage too soon by yelling, "not yet!"

The cast interacted with the audience through subtle glances, winks, and *ahem* "body language." Granted, they were breaking the fourth wall, but for this play it didn't matter. Besides, it's kind of hard not to interact when you're dodging fire from squirt guns, confetti, and playing cards.

Now if only I could get "Time Warp" out of my head...
It's just a jump to the left...

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Amadeaus said...

Matt has his 'status' on facebook set to "missing the moon drenched shores of the planet Transexual"... I too miss those moon drenched shores.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home