Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

R.I.P. E.D.

This morning we were told that the Electronic Discovery department - where I work - would be shutting down.

When? They don't know. Is there a severance package? They don't know. Do you have any information? They don't know.

The standard answer appears to be "I don't know," which is and has been the Standard Operating Procedure™ around here ever since I started work four years ago. That's fine when you're asking if you can take next week off, but it's a little disturbing to hear when you're potentially going to be sacked in a couple weeks. Right now the severance pay and timeline are "being looked into," which means "I'll make up some bullshit."

I always knew I'd be leaving the company, but I didn't think it'd be like this.

1 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

I'm glad I poked around in your blog archives. I had to chuckle when I found this post.

Why?

Well, because of the latest news here. PB Litigation Solutions operations are being consolidated to the Grand Rapids office. Yep, that other company is being shut down in 3 or 4 months, and all of that E.D. work is coming back here.

If only you had stayed! (kidding)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home