Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Monday, March 05, 2007

Further proof that my wife should be in academia...

My wife has now been accepted to five of the eight schools she's applied to. For those of you playing at home, that means she's accepted at over half of the schools she applied to:
Accepted:
University of Michigan
University of Cincinatti
University of Miami (Ohio)
Ohio State University
University of Wisconsin-Madison

Denied:
Temple University
University of Indiana

Unknown:
Virginia Commonwealth

It's official. She's a lean, mean, MFA-machine...
...or she will be, come this fall. Now comes the fun part of where to go. Pesonally, I think it'd be fun to have representatives from each school compete gladitorial-style in a cage match for her. Last one standing that waives tuition and offers an assistantship/fellowship is the school she goes to.

But, I don't see that happening. Instead, I see the decision being made on how good the program is, what the financial prospects are, etc. You know, good olde-fashioned adult decision-making. Probably as it should be - less lawsuits that way.

8 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can say, from experience, that Madison is a really hip town.

You really should make sure that you like the area in which the school is located, because you will be living there for the foreseeable future.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Hare said...

Exactly.

No sense in living somewhere where I want to throttle the pus-leakin' morons that live there, right?

Madison was indeed hip, but my only complaint is that there's no freakin' parking.

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so walk everywhere, ya bum!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Hare said...

Um....
...winter happens in Wisconsin, too...

If Deaus goes there, we'll have to get her a closed-cabin scooter, or something. Me? I'll probably just get some thermal biking gear and replace my blood with antifreeze.

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear that whiskey makes a good antifreeze; perhaps you should replace your blood with whiskey...

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Hare said...

mmmm....whiskey...But which one?

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of them.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Hare said...

That sound you're hearing in the background? The one that sounds like the screams of feared Irish distillers who realize their supply is about to dwindle?

Yeah. That one.

That's the sound of me gettin' my Irish on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home