Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Cross your fingers

Last week I received a call from a local IT staffing company with an offer for an Interactive Development position - contract, of course. Seemed like a good fit. My current place of employment is shakier than Michael J. Fox, and since we're going to be relocating within the next six months a contract position makes the most sense.

As it turns out I didn't get the Interactive Development position and I thought that I'd never hear from the company again, even though they promised to "keep my resume on file" and "let me know if something comes up."

Turns out I was wrong.

Today I got a call from the same company, this time for a Graphic Design position. I called them back, but the contact was out to lunch. I left a polite message, and I'll be houndingcalling them back if I don't hear from them soon. If things pan out, I may be able to flee madly from the Shitty Job™ and move into Non-Shitty Job™.

Wish me luck - I think I just got a call...

4 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Bela Hedgehog said...

March is not Brinkerhoff, March is not Brinkerhoff, March is not Brinkerhoff, March is not Brinkerhoff, March is not Brinkerhoff, March is not Brinkerhoff, March is not Brinkerhoff, March is not Brinkerhoff,

Brinkerhoff; four rabbit's feet, none lucky

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Hare said...

No, I'm not...
No, I'm not...
No, I'm not...
No, I'm not...

Slight drawback...the position is with...
*cue ominous music
ALTICOR!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Bela Hedgehog said...

DUNN DUnn dunn *sting for the ominous music*

Hasn't half of everyone we know used a job at the evil empire as a stepping stone for a better career?

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Hare said...

True, but if I start talking about pyramid schemes...
...pull me out of there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home