Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Monday, April 16, 2007

*shakes magic 8 ball*

Deciding on a graduate school is much more difficult when said graduate school is really shy about telling you how much funding you're getting.

Ohio State - the place my wife would like to go - hasn't told her what she's getting (definitively)as far as funding. This is causing a small amount of stress (read: small enough to hold a planetoid). On the other hand, another university recently threw a crapload of money at her - enough for tuition and bills. In the meantime, I'm of no use; I can't - and won't - tell her which school to go to, but I can't exactly call up the school and convince them to toss money her way. It's a bit of a conundrum: go to the school with the lesser program because they're paying for everything and then some, or go to the school with the decent program and pimp out the cats to make ends meet.

Me? I'm hoping the school calls/emails today with good news so we can all start to relax a little.

On a completely different note, I think I'm living proof that the dead can walk. After working back-to-back 10.5 hour shifts on Thursday and Friday, my insomniac nature decided to rear its ugly head. After sleepless Friday and Saturday nights, I spent much of Sunday wandering aimlessly around the apartment, hungering for brainscaffeine - which did little or nothing to help.

I did wake up long enough to blearily watch the Wings (go Pavel!!) pound the hell out of the Flames to take a two-game lead in the series.

4 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Amadeaus said...

My brainmeats are going to explode if this doesn't get worked out soon. I can only stall with these other schools for so long... By the way, I didn't sleep either. Zombie Deaus... need thoughtmeats... and a well paying TA at OSU...

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Bela Hedgehog said...

Has she contacted her first choice school and ummm, consulted with them about the offer she has from the second choice school? Try NOT to be pressuring. I would approach whatever contact she has with the school with a "I'm assuming the wait means you can't come up with something like this, but I want to know WHAT I can get to thoroughly weigh my options" statement.

Or just flap your ears and go "EEEEEE", that's ok too.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Hare said...

They're going to be in touch today (supposedly), and much contact has been made back and forth.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Amadeaus said...

The head of the sculpture department at OSU has been trying quite hard to fanagle a TA position for me. And he knows that I have offers from other schools. I haven't told him the specifics as he hasn't asked, but he knows that there are other offers from good schools. Hopefully it will work out. Friday is the deadline.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home