Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Monday, October 02, 2006

Getting bit in the ass

I woke up this morning and was greeted by a brilliant flash of lightning. This was followed by a rather ominous crack of thunder, which was followed by the sound of thousands of raindrops hitting the pavement in rapid succession. Normally, this wouldn't bother me. I rather like storms. However, with the car in the shop and my transportation to work limited to bicycle, lots of cold water/thunder/lightning and an 11-mile ride presented a bit of a problem.

My wife had offered to take me into work, but that's not really feasible - I work at the butt-crack of dawn, and it's not fair to make her lose several hours of sleep just to trek my sorry ass to work. So, I borrowed her car with the promise that I'd be back in time to make sure that she got to work on time.

Methinks that this is a bit of karma biting me in the ass for not biking as much as I wanted to/should have this past summer. There's also a little of the car in there, too - haunting me for not correcting the issue sooner.

What have I learned from all this? First, bike whenever possible. Secondly, I should be prepared to become oily and dirty at a moment's notice to forego annoying and lengthy car repairs.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home