Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Monday, November 27, 2006

I need a vacation...

So how did you spend your Thanksgiving holiday? Mine was spent fighting my body and working.

Wednesday night I got home from work; made a few calls, and sat down to relax for a minute. The next thing I knew, I was lying on the couch with a cat comfortably curled up on my legs and it was dark outside. Apparently my body had decided to take some down-time without consulting me first.

Thursday was spent cooking and attempting to relax. Much food was consumed, resulting in coma-bunny. Went to bed early to rest up for the 6am wake-up for work.

Friday morning I awoke with a small headache that became gradually worse throughout the day. When I arrived at work, it was a mere nuisance. When I left in the afternoon, it was much worse; so bad that I downed several aspirin and hid in a quiet darkened room when I got home. When my wife got home, we discovered that we had matching headaches and - after some deliberation - decided to try to drown them in homebrew. This was a novel idea and allowed us to get some sleep, but there was a bit of a problem the next morning.

We woke on Saturday; headaches had returned, and - apparently pissed of at the attempted drowning - brought reinforcements. Most of the day was spent sitting fairly still, and trying to get rid of the migraines.

Sunday was a little better, but most of the day was spent cleaning and baking bread (I'll throw up a recipe if anyone's interested). Then, it was off to bed to get ready for Monday morning.

So, I apologize if I didn't return calls or seemed like I was avoiding people. Between the lack of sleep and the migraines I didn't feel very social - and probably wouldn't have been very good company, anyhow.

2 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Bela Hedgehog said...

Maybe your body was pissed off it didn't get any meat.

... developing food allergy to soy?

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Hare said...

Jebus, I hope not.

I mean, what's left to eat? Air?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home