Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Thursday, August 24, 2006

I've been really weird lately.

Things are not going well. I know that's a rather succinct comment, but it's very accurate. There's quite a lot going on right now that I have very little control over; other things that I can't change. In short, I'm stuck in a very annoying and unpleasant place.

The obvious thing that's missing is sleep. Some of it is noises outside or cats running amuck, but a lot of it is my brain not shutting down at night - issues keep coming and coming; unfortunately, no resolutions. No sleep makes the rabbity-thing cranky.

...and then there's the job. I haven't really posted about it because I know that potential employers sometimes read blogs, but it's to the point where I just don't care anymore. I've been awaiting a promotion at work that is now over three months late in coming. The short end of it is that I've been promoted, but the person whose job it is to authorize it hasn't done so and seems patently unwilling to do so. It's to the point now where I'm sending an email to this guy's boss in an attempt to get this resolved. It's a bit scary, because I don't know how it'll pan out. There's going to be drama; I'm sure I'll get dragged through a lot of it.

...and then there's the lack of creative spark. I haven't been able to focus on anything creative in a couple of months. I get home, and while I want to but there's nothing coming out. I open a sketchbook and stare at a blank white page, pencil in hand...and then the brain shuts down. It's beyond frustrating.

...and then there's the assorted other crap that I deal with at home and work.

To make a long story short, there's a lot that's been building up for a while. I've gone from the weird happy little critter that I used to be into a morose bastard with random mood swings. I went to a very ugly place a couple of days ago, and - while I feel I had some valid points - I went about it in entirely the wrong way.

So, to everyone involved: I'm sorry. There's a lot of things that I need to work out, and I'm not entirely sure how to even explain most of them.

I need a vacation, but that doesn't seem like it'll happen for a bit of time. In the meantime, I think I'm going to go hang out in the woods; maybe eat some random berries and commune with the squirrels...or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home