Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Off on a good note...

Today is starting off on a fairly positive note.

First, I finally got to bike into work today. It's been impossible with my schedule of late - overtime at work, errands, etc. Today everything finally worked out, and I was able to hop on Ye Olde Transporte Methode and pedal my way into work. On the way in, I stopped to adjust the CD player and was pleasantly surprised by a small rabbit hopping across the road. Thankfully, the driver of the car behind me also saw said rabbit, and stopped to let it continue across the road unharmed. When it arrived safely on the lawn behind me, the rabbit paused to nibble on some grass; then - after noticing me watching it - casually hopped off deeper into suburbia, presumably to taunt the local indoor cats.

Drivers were a bit more aware this morning as well, and moved over to avoid hitting me. This, however, I attribute either to a precise planetary alignment or excess flouride in the water system. Tomorrow I may well be playing human Frogger along the East Beltline once again. I live for the day when GPS technology will incorporate alerts such as "Hey, idiot. Put down the cell phone and watch out for the cyclist."

I arrived at work ahead of schedule, and had time to thoroughly douse myself to rinse off the road grit before heading into work to change out of my biking gear and start my day.

So far the computers are behaving, and the stress of the day hasn't hit yet. All in all, a fairly decent morning.

6 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I'm all for human-powered vehicles, I think I have an idea for a new source of possibly limitless power to replace our polluting gasoline engines..... kitten powered engines. All it requires is a bit of dangly string. Those little buggers have more energy than you can imagine. It makes me tired just watching 'em...
Though I don't want to add to the growing problems of kitten trafficking, kitten prostitution, and kittens exchanged in gambling rings.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Hare said...

Nice!!!

Of course, we'd eventually see the emergence of "kitten-heads;" people devoted to tricking out their new feline engines. And, of course, the selling point of "purrs like a kitten" would be easy to demonstrate.

The drawback would be that tuna and kibble prices would SKYROCKET..

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another drawback would of course be the cuteness factor which can adversly effect some people... Some people after all, are allergic to cute, and excessive barfing may be a side effect.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Hare said...

Hmmm....

I can see the traffic sign now:
"Road closed due to excessive puke."

 
At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures?!? There's pictures?!?!? Where the hell are they??? One tiny picture of a rabbit doesn't qualify as "a lot of great pictures" in my book. I demand to see all of these great pictures that have been so cleverly hidden from me on this blog. Show them to me at once, else I shall taunt you a second time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home