Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Monday, May 22, 2006

Spare some time, gov'nr?

Wow. Last post was on the 9th of this month; now it's the 22nd. Holy crap. You blink, and it's two weeks later...

So what have I been up to? I'd love to say I've been sitting in a comfy chair, drinking a martini whilst evilly stroking a cat and perfecting my plans for world domination...but nothing so glamourous.

For the past two weeks I've been working 10+ hour days at my day job. The downside is obviously the lack of sleep due to the extended hours. The upside is that I'm developing a healthy flourescant glow. If this goes on much longer, I'll be able to blind mere mortals simply by stepping outside on a sunny day.

In addition to this, this past weekend was my first "production" weekend at my nifty new freelance gig. Friday night I went directly from my day job to the freelance job. All told, I worked for sixteen hours...not including drive time. I was back again on Sunday, having used Saturday for various errands that I couldn't get to during the week.

Essentially my days have been:
1. go to work at the gluteus maximus of dawn.
2. work, work, work...
3. ten(or more) hours later, head home to feed/water myself/wife/cats/assorted houseplants.
4. collapse into bed, attempt to sleep before alarm goes off at 4am.

Funny thing is that back when I was a college student this sort of thing didn't phase me. Now I need to mainline caffeine just to be remotely functional...

4 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a veteral of such schedules, I can say that a lot of the ability to deal with it is whether or not you feel the result is worth the effort. In other words, could you time be better spent elsewhere?

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Hare said...

Indeed it could.

However, I've grown rather fond of eating on a semi-regular basis and not living in a van down by the river...

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a van you could live in...

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Hare said...

Nah. I rather like living in the house, with you.

Besides, we can live in the van for three days at Wheatland(!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home