Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The times, they are a-changin'...

For a little over three weeks now I've been sending out resumes and making phone calls and applying to any and every job that I'm remotely qualified with bugger all to show for it.

Apparently it's time for a bit of a change.

Today I interviewed at ITT Tech (don't laugh) for an adjunct instructor position in their visual communications department. Tomorrow I go to "test-teach", meaning they want to make sure I can engage students. The person I interviewed with told me that I pretty much aced the interview, and that my work was spot-on. They just want to make sure that I can actually teach.

When I got home, I received a call from Dart Container. Weeks ago I had submitted two applications to them - one for a graphic designer position; the other for a design supervisor position - and gotten no response. Well, until today. Apparently I was passed over for the graphic designer position, but they want to interview me for the supervisor position.

Currently I'm also working a few hours for the Social Science department at U of M, doing graphic & web design. I'm also expecting to pick up a web design job for one of the art & design professors as well.

By next week, I could conceivably be one very busy critter. That's not a complaint, mind you. Three weeks of not working is driving me a little insane, and it'll be nice to not have financial freak-outs every five minutes.

For now, I'm putting my teachin' face on for tomorrow. After that, I'll be putting my designer face back on for final logo revisions; then prepping myself for an interview for a position that'll definately be worth my while.

More details as they happen.

4 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger John Winkelman said...

w00t!!!!!!!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Bela Hedgehog said...

If you have a choice and they are in the same salary range, I would go for the teaching job in this economic climate.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Hare said...

The teaching gig isn't much, financially - between the part-time job at the Social Science department and the teaching job I still wouldn't be making as much as I'm getting from unemployment.

The design supervisor position, however, is definately enough to get off of unemployment - it's what I'm shooting for right now.

In the meantime, I'm still sending out applications and resumes; I'll stop when I'm gainfully employed again.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger John Winkelman said...

Even when you are gainfully employed, keep looking. You never know when something better might come along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home