Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Bits and Bobs

It's been a while since I've posted, so this will be a hodge-podge post of sorts; covering a little bit of everything that's been going on. If it seems random, it probably is.

WE CAN HAZ HAUS?
As I've mentioned before, The Wife™ and I have been searching for a home. We may have found one, but we're having a slight issue with money; namely, the amount the city wants to charge us for taxes. Even as a primary residence and homesteaded, the taxes will still run us over four thousand dollars a year. No, that's not a typo. Amazingly enough, other homes on the same street are only being charged half that. We're trying to work with the city assessor, but so far we're getting the "we can't do anything" answer. It doesn't put the house out of reach, but it does make affording it that much harder.

Spring, O Spring; Where the %$&#@ are you?!?
(in which I bemoan the everlasting winter)
I've lived in Michigan since 1989, and this is the worst winter I can remember. It's not so much the snow; more the bone-chilling cold that lingers for days and the constant greyness outside. Couple this with an insane amount of snow, agitate, and let simmer for six months. Cabin fever starts to set in; muscles ache from constantly shoveling snow; winter blues become inescapable. Too much more of this and I may go completely insane.

Flickr-ing
I've finally joined the digital age, and registered for a Flickr account. Not much up yet, but I'm working on it. You can find my photos here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home