Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Friday, November 09, 2007

Dear Adobe,

Please make Illustrator not so stupid in the next update. Thanks.

Specifically, could you correct the little glitch with rendering boundary boxes when you use CMYK and Pantone colours? It shouldn't be that much of an issue, really. After all, for all intents and purposes, a Pantone colour is just a very specific CMYK colour. So why, then, does Illustrator print the bounding box of a CMYK object when I apply a drop shadow and put it over a Pantone-coloured object?

Please note that I spent nearly two hours trying to correct this problem before finding the brilliant solution of "just convert everything to CMYK." This resulted in me spending another two hours trying to re-create the Pantone colour.

Please also note that I found said solution (after an hour of searching) in an old Q&A tech column dated a year ago, and not on Adobe's website.

How about it? Could you please make this tiny little update for me? It's not like I'm asking you to lower prices on Creative Suite, or anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home