Cave Cuniculum...

Latin. Means "beware the rabbit."

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

'tis official...

...I'm employed. Well, I'm employed in Grand Rapids, but not for much longer. In a couple weeks I'll be relocating to the quaint little town of Saline along with my wife, who will be starting a glorious - and hectic - career as a graduate student at the University of Michigan. I, on the other hand, was looking at being horribly unemployed and slowly going bald whilst worrying about paying bills.

Until today, that is.

About an hour ago, I received a call from the wonderful woman who interviewed me - while it's not "official" (meaning, I still have to meet the owner and go through a background check), I have the position. Not bad for three months of work: 150 resumes, and countless phone calls and trips for interviews.

The job itself sounds challenging. Essentially, I'll be responsible for redesigning the company website, working on amazing amounts of print work (postcards, direct mail, logo design, etc.) as well as maintaining ads on sites like AutoTrader.com and corporate "sister" sites. While I'm giddy about finally having a position before I move, I'm also sitting in rigid anticipation at the sheer amount of work I'll be doing. Damn, I'm going to enjoy it...my inner geek asplode.

What else is left to say besides: "Look ma! I'm usin' my degree!"

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Bela Hedgehog said...

WOOHOOO! *HIGH FIVE* You can stop going apeshit, now.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Hare said...

Nope. Not juuuuuust yet - AFTER the packing is done and everything's moved.

Sometime at the beginning of September sounds good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home